Friday, December 3, 2010

S/CHAREL

Today's entry comes from the corporate cafeteria. I don't go there too often because I've been brown-bagging it to save up some money (Starbucks aren't free, you know.) A previous entry at the commissary yielded the only full-on bingo/correct spelling I've had of my name since the inception of this blog back in August. But alas, today's post will not disappoint in the misspelling department.

S/CHAREL
I went to the grill and ordered a black bean burger and some fries. The cook noted my menu choices and asked my name. I told him, but then there was a long...dramatic...pause. He looked to me for some help, but just as I blurted out "C", he quickly scribbled SHAREL. He apologized and went back and corrected the "S" to a "C", but, of course, in the whole scheme of things, it really didn't matter.

I went back and looked over all my old blog posts, and this is a completely new and unique spelling (with either the C or the S), so I'm going to give plus three (+3) style points for originality, and one more style point for a yummy and filling lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment