Saturday, December 4, 2010

Get Drunk at Starbucks

USA Today reports that Starbucks is planning to serve regional wine and beer, along with cheese platters on china plates. Seventy-percent of Starbucks' business is before 2pm, so this is an attempt to make the evening hours more profitable. Click here for the link. I don't know about you, but nothing says "fine wine" or "romantic atmosphere" like Starbucks.  Also, in major cities, Starbucks is one of the few establishments that offers a public bathroom. We all know what happens when you mix public intoxication and lavatories. Nice, right?


I wonder if when you order your glass of Merlot or Cabernet from the hipster cashiers and wine stewards (oh god, hipster wine stewards!), if they'll write your name on the side of a plastic glass? I can't even imagine what kind of misspellings I'll get if there's alcohol in the mix. I'll look forward to that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment