Monday, April 16, 2012

Sher...oops! (aka me and Giorgio)

Okay, confession time: I have a huge, deep, dark, guilty pleasure. Yes, I love my cold-pressed coffee from Brazil, but get a kick out of the constant misspellings of my name at Starbucks. However, there's even a deeper secret. I LOVE the History Channel series "Ancient Aliens." If you haven't seen it, it examines the theory that aliens visited our planet in the distant past and helped shape the world as we know it. I won't make any comment on the validity of that theory here, but I will say I thoroughly enjoy one of the main commentators on the show, Giorgio Tsoukalos.

So when I had the chance to meet him up-close and personal at Monsterpalooza in nearby Burbank, California this past weekend, I jumped at the chance. As fans of the show all know, Giorgio has an impressive head of hair, but for the less-fortunate, here is my geeky fan photo with him for proof.


ME & GIORGIO
In an even larger moment of geekitude, I decided to fork over my $25 and get an autographed 8x10 of Giorgio. Despite spelling my name to him, he started out with an "S". He was a sweetheart and offered to start over, but I decided it would be a humorous little addition to the blog. So below is the first "celebrity misspelling" of my name.


TO SHER OOPS...TO CHERYL! CRACK THE CODE...GALATICALLY YOURS.
THE CLOSE-UP

Don't be afraid to embrace your geekiness, dear readers! Until next time, galactically yours. -- The Name Is Cheryl.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment