Friday, May 20, 2011

SHIRLL -- Pre-Apocalyptic Post

In honor of the impending Apocalypse earthquake and subsequent Rapture that will be rolling across the international dateline in about four hours, I decided to treat myself to a glass of cabernet and some Indian food (palek paneer and veggie samosas). However, along with my yummy spinach and cheese entree, I got an added extra bonus of the 25th different misspelling of my name. I'll cut my server a break. He was non-hipster and English was definitely not his first language.

SHIRLL
As a bonafide heathen, as well as an excommunicated Lutheran, I'm pretty sure I won't be raptured, unless my kindness to animals and ability to say all fifty states in alphabetical order count for some bonus points. It's not that I don't believe Jesus existed. In fact, I'm a big fan of his work, it's just his mega-fanclub I could do without. I'm sure there were just as many Jesuses around back then as there are Jaden/Caden/Aidens being named in the hospitals around the world in this day and age.

I'm actually looking forward to the post-Rapture experience. Imagine a world full of liberals, where gay marriages are authorized and protected in every state in the union, marijuana is legal and taxed to the hilt, racism is a thing of the past and we have a balanced budget, along with subsidized health care for all. **

I believe the proprietors of Electric Lotus are Hindu, as they have a statue of Shiva the Destroyer in the entry way. Regardless, I'm a big fan of the statement on their receipts "LOVE IS LIFE". So whatever happens in the coming hours, I think if we all kept that mantra in mind, the world would be a much better place.

NAMASTE.
___________________________
** However, if the chosen start disappearing, everyone else meet me at House of Pies for some coconut cream pie -- carbs and sugar be damned!

And why not enjoy a Blondie classic while you're waiting? (Think they're making a lot of $$$ on iTunes this weekend?)

No comments:

Post a Comment